It’s my birthday. Specifically, my 33rd birthday. It looks a little strange in print. My twenties have sailed away, but I feel more inspired and focused as each year passes. Since 33 is a fun number to divide, I thought I would write a little post divided in threes.
1/3 (Eleven Facts About Me)
- I am a native Floridian, born in West Palm Beach and transplanted to Boca Raton at the age of four. Things I like about Florida: the sun, great birds, my house, and the friends and family that live here. Otherwise, I hope to move within the next 15-20 years.
- I’m a southern girl at heart. If I won the lotto, I would pick up and move to Savannah in a heartbeat. I love Savannah’s diversity, intimate feel, and architecture. Plus, I’m a sucker for moss-covered trees.
- My educational background is pretty unique. I have a bachelor’s degree in Jewish Studies, a certificate in Women’s Studies, and almost enough credits for an English degree. My original intention was to become a rabbi. My professors then encouraged me to become a professor in those fields. None of those things ended up happening, but I love my studies. My heart still skips a beat when I immerse myself in any of those subjects.
- Poodles. If you know me, you know my poodle obsession. Poodles have been a constant in my life. Coco, Teddy, Princess, and now my Bobbi. #dogmom #pawlife
- I’m late to the cat game, but my husband’s passion for animals of the feline persuasion rubbed off on me.
- My favorite color is purple, which also is the color of the women’s movement.
- I have a love/hate relationship with clothes. I like being clothed, but my style leans more towards matching coordinates which your grandma might have worn. I love crazy prints, tie dye, and jeans. I hate pants with buttons, shorts, and the current trend of shirts with shoulder cut-outs.
- Tea is for me. Love herbals, greens, and blacks. I start every morning off with a cuppa. Nothing is more refreshing than unsweetened iced tea with lemon.
- My Starbucks drink is venti green tea lemonade with two pumps of classic, shaken by my husband. (He looks so cute in his apron, btw.)
- My wedding anniversary is 11-11. It wasn’t intentionally planned – it just worked for everyone.
- I am 95% certain that I don’t want to have children. I love (LOVE) children – their perspectives and playfulness. I also love (LOVE) my alone time. I felt societal pressure for a long time, but it takes more courage to step back and recognize what you are able to give to another person (and what you can’t).
- Write my heart out.
- Start my own freelancing and editing service. I would offer assistance with copy, editing, resume services, academic endeavors, etc. Basically, I would start charging for all the services that I tend to give away. ; )
- Blog consistently and connect with other bloggers.
- Enhance my skills in marketing, PR, content strategy, and graphic design.
- Own a silkie chicken.
- Eat less sugar. Really, it’s a problem. I love healthy, natural foods. I also love ginger ale and Coke. Chocolate and OJ.
- Learn how to garden.
- Cultivate a creative life. I have made a lot of progress toward this goal. AND…I am starting watercolor classes (this week).
- Pay down my debt.
- Learn new vegetarian recipes.
- Let the good in more often.